When it comes to midsize crossover SUVs, the Toyota Highlander is as good as it gets. The Highlander made its debut in 2001 and was one of the first car-based, midsize SUVs. The third generation of this model was introduced with the 2014 model year. This generation of the Highlander also has the distinction of having been approved for use as a New York City taxicab, which speaks volumes about its reliability even under the most rigorous operating conditions.
The Highlander is a great family vehicle with room for up to eight people. The only downside is you may not be able to really enjoy the full effect of the quiet, smooth ride when your backseats are filled with children still too young and inexperienced to appreciate the finer points of quality vehicle performance.
Several safety and entertainment options come standard, and even more are available as options. If you’ve been considering a Highlander or SUV purchase, now is the ideal time to visit Toyota of Seattle for a test drive in the 2016 Toyota Highlander, which are being reduced in price to make way for the new 2017 model year.
- LED daytime running lights
- Adjustable push-button power lift gate
- Chromtec® wheels
- Available leather-trimmed, heated, eight-way power-adjustable driver’s seat
- In-dash shelf
- USB ports
- Available Chromtec® roof rails
- Available flip-up rear hatch window for easy access
- Reclining third row seats
- Lots of cargo space with a third row seat that can fold flat
- Silencing insulation materials and acoustic-type glass in windshield to ensure a quiet ride
- Conversation mirror above rearview mirror to see those in the rear seats
- Available Blu-ray Disc™ rear-seat entertainment system featuring nine-inch display screen, RCA jacks, remote and two wireless headphones
- Available heated second row captain’s chairs
- Available panoramic moon roof
- SiriusXM® Satellite Radio
- Standard Integrated Navigation for turn-by-turn directions on 4.2-inch color LCD display
- Three-zone automatic climate control featuring driver, front passenger, second and third row vents
- Standard backup camera with projected path
- Available blind spot monitor and cross-traffic alert
- Available lane departure alert
- Double-wishbone rear suspension
- 7 liter four-cylinder engine
- 185 horsepower
- EPA-estimated 20 mpg city and 25 mpg highway
- 5,000 lb. towing capacity
- 0 to 60 mph in 7.6 seconds
- 115 mph top speed
- Optional 270 hp 3.5 liter V6 engine
- Available dynamic torque-control all-wheel drive
- IIHS Top Safety Pick Plus based on available pre-collision system
- Star Safety System™ including enhanced vehicle stability control, traction control, anti-lock brake system, electronic brake-force distribution, brake assist and smart stop technology
- Ventilated disc brakes
- Advanced airbag system including seat-mounted side airbags, driver knee airbag and roll-sensing side curtain airbags
- LATCH child safety seat restraint system
- Tire pressure monitor system
There are several models of Highlanders to choose from including the LE, LE Plus, XLE, Limited and Hybrid Limited. Find out why the Toyota Highlander is the perfect vehicle for families by visiting Toyota of Seattle for a test drive.
In addition to our large selection of new Toyota Highlanders for sale, we also offer many other SUV models including the RAV4, 4Runner, Sequoia and Land Cruiser. We also feature several other new and used Toyotas as well as excellent parts, service and finance departments. Check out our inventory today!