Once you have decided you want a new Toyota, the question then turns to whether you should lease one or buy it outright. Both options have advantages, but the decision really comes down to what is right for you. Since no two drivers are alike, you should consider your circumstances and which option makes the most sense for you.
This important decision really comes down to weighing the pros and cons for each option. Here are some reasons you might want to buy a Toyota as well as some why you may be better off leasing.
Reasons to Buy:
- You desire to own the car
- You don’t want any mileage restrictions
- You like customizing your car by installing a sound system, tinting the windows, etc.
- You like doing your own repair work
- You get emotionally attached to your car
- You like the idea of owning a car with no payments in the future
- You have flexibility to sell the car when you want to
Reasons to Lease:
- You drive less than 15,000 miles per year
- You don’t get emotionally attached to your car
- You value the security of driving a car under warranty
- You are willing to trade ownership for lower monthly payments
- You plan to keep the car for three years or less
- You are only in the U.S. temporarily, such as for work
- You like to upgrade to newer models frequently
- Little or no down payment
- Lower monthly payments
Of course price is always going to play an important role in any decision you make. Toyota of Seattle offers a Toyota payment calculator to ensure every car shopper can approach their decision with all the facts.
You can also finance a Toyota, whether it be new, certified pre-owned or leased. Our entire inventory is conveniently listed on our website, so feel free to take a look around and find something that works for you. The next step is coming in for a test drive and driving home in a Prius, Corolla, Camry, RAV4 or one of our many other vehicles.